The anthology Sins and Other Worlds, edited by Eric S. Fomley, is now out in e-book and print format, available from the retail arm of the world’s most popular cloud computing platform provider. It contains a reprint of my dark little flash story In the Maze of His Infinities, first published by Perihelion SF.
Table of Contents
- The Plague – Ken Liu
- The Far Side of the Wilderness – Alex Shvartsman
- The Last Racist – Laird Long
- Floating in My Tin Can – Gerri Leen
- Tough Crowd – Holly Schofield
- Nothing – Douglas Smith
- The Memory Ward – Wendy Nikel
- About Time – Mike Murphy
- God State – Michelle Ann King
- Tugship – Russell Hemmell
- When There’s Only Dust Left – Jeremy Szal
- Angels Behaving Badly – Rhonda Eikamp
- The Dust Bathynaut – Dennis Monbauer
- A Fully Chameleonic Foil – Christi Nogle
- The Service Call – Ed Ahern
- The Sin of Envy – George Nikolopoulos
- Flies – Robert Silverberg
- Between Two Distant Shores There Lies Space for an Ocean of Troubles – Jez Patterson
- Death, Where is thy Sting? – John H. Dromey
- Last Long Night – Lina Rather
- Apocalypse Beta Test Survey – Gregg Chamberlain
- In the Maze of His Infinities – Henry Szabranski
- Most Valuable Player – Eric Choi
- Benchwarmer – Mike Resnick & Lezli Robyn
- The Cyclops – James Dorr
- Remembrance Day – Liam Hogan
- The Eye Patch Protocol – Vaughan Stanger
- Once Was Lost – Alan Baxter
- The Assassin Program – Christina Sng
- The Plan – Mike Murphy
- Stewardship – Holly Schofield
- Walls of Nigeria – Jeremy Szal
- Whom He May Devour – Alex Shvartsman
- Event Cloak – Ken Liu
- Job Qualifications – Kevin J. Anderson
Mark Linsenmayer’s podcast of “Kill Switch” is now up at Constellary Tales, along with an interview with me about the story. Brian Hirt and Ken Gerber have somehow edited my voice to sound much posher and more articulate than it actually is, and boy I do not sound anywhere near as nervous as I actually was during the recording. But judge for yourselves.
Also, a great excuse to post up another great Juno image.
….aaaand my story “Kill Switch” is out now in issue one of Constellary Tales.
In amniotic darkness my mind reflowers, configuring itself in new and unfamiliar ways. Visions of slashing, blood-slicked blades fade, replaced by a deadening calm.
“One of my drones has gone rogue.”
“Red Alert” by Sebastian Hue
… Clarkesworld Issue 143 is out now.
To hear Kate Baker’s superb podcast of my story click here…
To be cut or to be lost. Every veilonaut has to face either possibility each time they pass through the gap.
“la criatura” — by LUIS CARLOS BARRAGÁ
Spent Father’s Day with the boys and wife, tootling around Oxford in the afternoon. Unfortunately tickets weren’t available for the new Tolkien Exhibition at the Bodleian Library, but instead we browsed around the Ashmolean Museum and rummaged through the nearby city centre bookstores, followed by pizza and cheesecake. To cap it off, came back home to find the 2018 Spring edition of Mythic magazine landed on the doorstep. So all in all — for me — a pretty good day.
52 stories from the first year of Metaphorosis magazine have been collected in this handy (and chunky!) tome, available from your favourite online book retailer now. Always a thrill and a privilege to see one of my stories in print, and this will make a very handsome addition to the trophy shelf.
…edited by David Steffen, is now available to pre-order at Amazon and other retailers coming soon. This collection includes all 25 stories published in the first two years of fiction on Diabolical Plots, with absolutely fantastic cover art by Galen Dara and the layout by Pat Steiner.
The contents are:
- Foreword • David Steffen
- The Osteomancer’s Husband • Henry Szabranski
- Bloody Therapy • Suzan Palumbo
- The Banshee Behind Beamon’s Bakery • Khaalidah Muhammad-Ali
- The Blood Tree War • Daniel Ausema
- Giraffe Cyborg Cleans House! • Matthew Sanborn Smith
- May Dreams Shelter Us • Kate O’Connor
- Not a Bird • H.E. Roulo
- In Memoriam • Rachel Reddick
- Virtual Blues • Lee Budar-Danoff
- The Princess in the Basement • Hope Erica Schultz
- The Superhero Registry • Adam Gaylord
- The Grave Can Wait • Thomas Berubeg
- The Weight of Kanzashi • Joshua Gage
- One’s Company • Davian Aw
- The Avatar In Us All • J.D. Carelli
- Do Not Question the University • PC Keeler
- Curl Up and Dye • Tina Gower
- October’s Wedding of the Month • Emma McDonald
- The Schismatic Element Aboard Continental Drift • Lee Budar-Danoff
- A Room For Lost Things • Chloe N. Clark
- Further Arguments in Support of Yudah Cohen’s Proposal to Bluma Zilberman • Rebecca Fraimow
- Future Fragments, Six Seconds Long • Alex Shvartsman
- Taste the Whip • Andy Dudak
- Sustaining Memory • Coral Moore
- St. Roomba’s Gospel • Rachael K. Jones
David Steffen is one of the genuine good guys of the genre. Check out his Long List anthologies of Hugo-nominated stories and look out for further Diabolical Plots collections coming out in the near future.